- an option to customize smart widgets in the pop-up or modal format
Find a more detailed description of our new functionality in the knowledge base.
- pop-up is a floating block “glued” to the left or right in the browser window when scrolling. It doesn’t interfere with interacting with content;
- modal is a block located in the center of the page. Content outside the box is dimmed and non-clickable. You need to close the modal window to interact with the content;
- page overlay is a block that overlaps the entire page of the website. You need to close the overlay window to interact with the content.
- clickable links in scripts and messages in the widget;
- pagination for the list of contacts in the audience;
- an option to indicate whether it is worth changing the already existing subscriber variables when sent by the client via a script;
- an option to “reset” the number of views of the widget through the administrator panel if the customers exceed the pricing plan to pay for the next pricing plan.
- the process of creating and editing scripts in the form of chat messages has been split into two steps:
- content customization;
- conditions setup of the script display.
- switching between subscribers in chats;
- nuances when displaying a contact list
- displaying client events in sessions
- visual duplication of newly appeared online users on the audience page;
- widget window when inserting a huge message into a chat.